Many vehicles in Nigeria are driven with fake plate numbers without the knowledge of the car owner. Often times this is because gullible Nigerians pay money to car dealers believing their car have been duly registered.
Many who have fallen victims have alway asked questions like
- How to check the authenticity of my plate number?
- How to verify vehicle registration in Nigeria?
However, the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has deviced a means to check the authenticity of your plate number from the comfort of your home.
To verify your vehicle registration or authenticity of your plate number follow the steps listed below
- Visit the verification portal https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/NumberPlateVerification.aspx
- Enter your plate number in the space provided. For instance “ZXC067AC
- Click on verify button.
- Your car name and the date of registration will be displayed below the button.