Most people loves chocolate which is made from ground roasted cocoa beans. It can be used to make biscuits, candies, cakes and drinks. However, here we’ll be looking at how to make chocolate frosting. Frosting is a sugary coating for cakes and other baked goods.
The sight of this alone is appetizing and it will interest you to know that it is very simple to make from home. Below is a step by step procedure on making a chocolate frosting.
Ingredients for Chocolate frosting
- 3 cups of cocoa powder
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (you can as well use salted butter but then don’t add salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Procedure for making Chocolate frosting
- Soften butter by either melting it and cooling it until slightly hardened or taking it out of the fridge the night before
- Add butter to a large bowl and mix with milk, vanilla and salt
- Next, add cocoa powder by sifting it and whip with a whisk or electric mixer together until smooth
- Then stir in powdered sugar by sifting it into the mixture. Scrape sides and whip again until light, fluffy and smooth for 1-2 minutes.
This recipe frosts one 9 or 8 inch cake or 24 cupcakes.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days, or store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, or store airtight in the freezer for up to a month.