How to make fundant icing
May 28, 2020 | How To | No Comments|
Fondant icing is one of the ways to beautify your cakes and it doesn’t cost much. It is a thick paste that can be moulded into different shapes and sizes and perfect for design. Are you a baker or do you plan on baking a cake and would need to design it? Here you’ll find a simple step by step procedure on how to make fondant icing.
Ingredients for making fundant icing
- Icing sugar
- 1/2 cup of glucose syrup
- 1 tbs glycerine
- 1/4 cup of water
- One tbs gelatine powder
- One tsp vanilla essence
Procedure for making fundant icing
- Sift your icing sugar into a large bowl and sift it into a large bowl. Then make a hole in the center.
- Get a small saucepan and add there gelatine and water on a low heat. Ensure the water do not boil but the gelatine should dissolve as you stir.
- Turn off heat and add to the saucepan some glucose syrup and glycerine. Stir to combine all the ingredients, and add the vanilla essence.
- Next, pour the mixture into the hole in the icing sugar.
- Mix it all well to combine all of the icing sugar with the whole mixture.
- Knead the icing until it is smooth and well combined.
- Use to cover your cake and design as you choose.