Oha soup sometimes referred to as Ora soup is one of the native soups of the Eastern people of Nigeria. It is very delicious traditional food recipe and easy to make. The major ingredient for preparing Oha soup is Oha leaves. Oha soup is often times served at events and social gatherings like weddings, child dedications, birthday parties, anniversaries and so on. Here we’ll see how to make this delicious soup using the ofor as a thickener. However, you can also use cocoyam to serve as thickener.
Ingredients for making Oha soup
- Fish (dried and stock fish)
- Oha leaves
- Ofor (as thickener)
- Ground crayfish
- Seasoning cubes
Procedure for making Oha soup
- Wash your meat. Season with salt and 1 stock cube and steam until it’s tender.
- Put the amount of water you’ll need to cook the soup.
- Wash and put your fish
- Then turn your pepper, crayfish and the seasoning cubes
- Add your oil and allow everything to boil and mix together
- Next, put your ofor. Ensure this melts very well as it boils. If it is too thick, add little amount of water.
- Put the oha leaves and allow to boil for about 2 minutes
- Add your salt to taste. Leave for a minute more and turn off heat.
- You can serve with whatever ‘swallow’ you prefer and enjoy
I hope you find this helpful.