How to Bake Homemade Bread
Bread is a staple in the diet of so many. It comes in various forms while people with certain health conditions have certain kinds of bread made for them. For example, diabetic patients are not allowed to eat the normal bread but they can consume wheat bread.
Breads can mostly be gotten from stores. However, it will surprise you to know that by just following simple procedure, you can comfortably bake your bread at home. Here, we’ll be seeing a step by step procedure on how to bake bread at home.
Ingredients for baking homemade bread
- 2 cups of warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 5-6 cups of flour.
Note: You can use all-purpose flour OR bread flour.
Procedure for baking homemade bread
- In a large bowl, dissolve 1 tbsp of sugar in warm water and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining sugar, salt and oil into the yeast.
- Mix in flour one cup at a time. Dough should be tacky and clean the sides of the bowl save for a small part at the bottom. Ensure not to add much flour as this will result to a dry loaf of bread. So if you added too much flour, add a bit more hot water, until you get the correct texture.
- Knead dough for 7 minutes. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Knead for about 1 minute and divide in half. Shape into loaves and place into two greased 9×5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30-40 minutes.
Allow to cool off and enjoy.
error: Content is protected !!