The use of rice water on hair is one of the traditional methods believed to cause hair growth. Although, there is no scientific proof to back up this claim but the nutrients found in it have given rise to the popular theory.
Moreover, with no side effects for using, you can decide to try this out. Aside for growing hair, rice water is used to make hair smooth, shiny, strong and also for treatment of hair.
Rice water is said to have nutrients such as amino acids, B vitamins, vitamin E, minerals, and antioxidants. Rice water can be gotten from soaking or boiling rice. To get it by soaking, follow the steps below:
- Get about 1/2 to 1 cup of rice and wash with water
- Put in a bowl and pour 2 cups of water
- Leave to soak for 30 minutes. However, if you want it fermented, leave for 2 days.
- Strain rice to get the water.
To get rice water by boiling, all you have to do is to put rice into a boiling water and when it is slightly boiled to the point that you have gotten enough starch, drain the rice to get the water.
Now, to use rice water to grow your hair, you can use it in place of hair conditioner. Follow the steps below for application.
- Wash hair with shampoo
- Rinse thoroughly with water from the tap
- Pour rice water on the hair
- Massage the rice water into the hair and scalp
- Leave for up to 20 minutes
- Then rinse hair thoroughly with warm water.