With millions of users on YouTube, it has become a major platform for promoting one’s self and business. However, while you can access YouTube without a channel, a YouTube channel is necessary if you want to promote an idea. Creating a YouTube channel requires just a simple step by step procedure. Here, you’ll see how this is done.
To create a YouTube channel, you must have a Google account. If you don’t already have a Google account set up, you’ll need to create one before you get started on YouTube. To do this, simply follow the below steps:
- Visit to YouTube.com
- Click ‘Sign In’ using your gmail
- Now, choose the option to create a Google account
- Follow the steps to create your Google account
- Once you’ve created your Google account or if you already have an account, then you can proceed to creating a YouTube channel. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to YouTube.com and click ‘sign in’ in the top right of the page. Log in using the Google account you would like your channel to be associated with.
- Go to the top right corner of the screen. Click on your profile icon and then on ‘settings’.
- Under your settings, you’ll see the option to ‘create a channel’. Click on it.
- You can decide to create a personal channel or a channel using a business or other name.
- If you are creating a business channel, you’ll select a category. The options include:
- Product or Brand
- Company, Institution or Organization
- Arts, Entertainment or Sports
Having done this, a YouTube channel will be created for your brand.