Biography of Patoranking , Songs and Net Worth
Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie
Age/Date of Birth
30years (2020), May 27, 1990
State of Origin
Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie popularly known as Patoraking is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. According to him, the name Patoranking was given to him by a Jamaican artist whom he met at Alpha Beach in Lagos. The talented singer was born on 27th May, 1990 in Ijegun-Egba satellite Town, Lagos but hails from Onicha, Ebonyi state. In this article, you’ll find out what you need to know about him
Patoranking attended Citizen Comprehensive College in Epe, Lagos and later enrolled at Jibril Martin Memorial Grammar School in Iponri.
Said to have been influenced by the music style of notable musicians like Buju Banton, Bob Marley, Fela Kuti, Lucky Dube, Chaka Demus, Majek Fashek, Blackky, Blackface, Tuface, and Marvelous Benjy, Patoranking started off as a street jam and carnival dancer.
Before releasing his song, he collaborated with artists such as XProject, Konga, Slam, and Reggie Rockstone. In 2010, he signed a record deal with K-Solo’s, Igberage Records and released “Up in D Club”. He later collaborated with Timaya on his song, ” Alubarika” making him a protégé of Dem Mama Records.
In February, 2011, he signed a record deal with Foston Musik and ended his affiliations with Dem Mama Records. In all, he’s been able to release two albums : God over Everything (2016) and Wilmer (2019).
Some of Patoranking musics include:
- So Nice, (2009),
- Iya Bisi – featuring Qdot and Kbaj (2012),
- Tonite – featuring Faze (2013),
- Gravity (2013),
- Park Well (2014),
- Girlie O (2014),
- Sex Tape (2014),
- Girlie O (Remix) – featuring Tiwa Savage (2014),
- Daniella Whine (2015),
- My Woman – featuring Wande Coal (2015),
- Gal Ting Riddim – Cover (2015),
- Make Am (2015),
- Another Level (2016),
- No Kissing Baby – featuring Sarkodie (2016),
- Love You Die – featuring Diamond Platnumz (2017),
- Available (2017),
- Sunshine (2018),
- Suh Different (2018),
- Heal D world (2018),
- Everyday (2018),
- Confirm (2019),
- Lenge Lenge (2019),
- I’m in Love (2020)
- Abule (2020)
Patoranking has engaged in scholarship program for children who can’t afford quality education. In 2019, he met with the founder of ALU scholarship program where he made intentions known to train ten innovative and passionate children especially from Ebuta-Metta where he grew up.
Nominations and Awards
Over the years, Patoranking has been nominated for and won some awards. These include:
- Nominated for ‘Best Dance Hall/Reggae Video’ at the Nigeria Music Video Awards in 2013.
- Best collaboration nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Male Artist of the year nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Winner of the ‘Best New Act of the year’ at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Dancehall/Reggae Act of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Most Popular Song of the Year nominee at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Best Collabo of the Year nominee at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Nominated for the Channel O Music Video Awards as the ‘Most Gifted Newcomer’ in 2014.
- Most Gifted Reggae/Dancehall nominee at the Channel O Music Video Awards in 2014.
- Best Reggae/Dancehall single award at the Headies 2014.
- He won the ‘Best Collabo Award’ at the Headies in 2014.
- Next Rated Award at the Headies in 2014.
- Best New Act by Ben Tv in 2014.
- Ben Tv’s ‘Best Collaboration’ in 2014.
- Best Reggae/Dancehall by Ben Tv in 2014.
- Won the ‘Best Afropop Song’ at the TooXlusive Online Music Awards in 2015.
- Nominated by the Headies for the ‘Best Pop Song’ in 2015.
- Best Reggae/Dance hall Single Nominee at the Headies in 2015.
- MTV Africa Music Awarded him as the ‘Best New Act’ in 2015.
- Vodafone Ghana Music Awards honoured him as the ‘African Artiste of the Year’ in 2016.
- AFRIMA awarded him as the ‘Best Artist of the Year’ in 2016.
Patoranking is yet to be married however, he has a daughter.
Patoranking Net Worth
Patoranking is estimated to worth about $2 million.