Genevieve Nnaji is a Nigerian actress and producer. She was born on May 3, 1979 into a middle class family from Mbaise, Imo state. She was the fourth out of eight Children of her parents.
Genevieve Nnaji grew up in Lagos and attended Methodist Girls College Ayana, Lagos state where she obtained her WAEC. She proceeded to University of Lagos where she bagged a degree in creative art.
Career and Movies
Genevieve Nnaji started acting at the age of 8 when she featured in popular television soap opera Ripples. While in the University, Genevieve auditioned to act in several Nollywood movies. In 1998, Genevieve featured in Nollywood growing movie industry in the movie “Most wanted” and since then has featured in over 80 Nollywood movies. Some of the movies include Ijele, Mark of the Beast, last party, and award winning movie Ije: The Journey.
In 2004, Genevieve Nnaji ventured into music and was signed under a Ghanaian record label EKB Records where she released her debut album “One Logo Logo Line”.
in 2018, Genevieve Nnaji was listed to in IMDb to play the role of guard Dora Milaje after a fellow actress Funke Akindele was removed from the
Genevieve Nnaji has been nominated and has won series of Awards since her career in the movie industry. Some of her awards are
- Best Actress in the Africa Movie Academy Award (AMAA) in 2005
- Best Actress by the Cinema Censor Board in 2003
- Best Actress TV series in the Nigerian Entertainment Award in 2010
- Best Actress supporting role in the Nigerian Entertainment Award in 2014
- Viewers Choice(female) in the Nollywood Movies Award in 2012 and so on
- In 2015, Genevieve Nnaji produced her first movie “Road to Yesterday “. A movie that won the overall best movie in West Africa in the African Magic Viewers Choice Award(AMVCA) in 2016.
Net Worth and Businesses
In 2018, Genevieve Nnaji became the first billionaire in Nollywood after Netflix acquired her movie “Lions Heart” for N1,385,100,000 ($3.8million).
As at 2009, Genevieve Nnaji was the best paid actress in Nollywood. She also ventured into modeling where she featured in television commercials such as Pronto beverages and Omo detergent. She became the face of lux in 2004 and face of MUD in 2010. In 2008, Genevieve Nnaji launched his own clothing line St. Genevieve.
Genevieve Nnaji is in no doubt one of the most successful Nigerian actress today.