The function of oil glands is to excrete oil substance called sebum to lubricate the skin and make it glow. However acne is a skin disease that occurs when excess sebum and dead skin cells block hair follicles. This results to majorly pimples, blackheads or whiteheads, oily skin and at times, scars. It is also called acne vulgaris. It is mostly found on the face, neck,chest, back and shoulders.
Genetic formation has been proven to be the primary cause of acne in 80% of cases. However, factors such as diet and cleanliness could contribute to causes of acne. Another factor is the excessive growth of the bacterium, cutibacterium acnes which is present on the skin. Hormonal activities that take place in the body during menstrual cycles and puberty may contribute to the formation of acne. A rare cause of acne is stress. Research shows that increased acne case is associated with high stress levels.
While acne cases can result to anxiety, low self esteem and in some cases, depression, here you’ll find natural ways to get rid of it without the use of modern drugs.
1. Aloe vera gel:
This helps to reduce inflammation of pimples, removes oiliness from the skin and also cool the skin.
- Scrape out the gel from the aloe plant with a spoon
- Apply directly to clean skin as a moisturizer
- Repeat 1 – 2 times per day or as desired.
However, the gel can also be gotten from stores.
2. Egg white mask:
Egg whites contain vitamins and amino acids that help rebuild the skin cells. They are effective in removing pimples and pimple scars.
- Whisk about 3 egg white
- Apply to affected areas with your finger tips.
- Allow to dry.
- Leave the mask on your face for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse off and apply any skin moisturizer.
This contains high level of antioxidants, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. You can add more garlic to your diet as it purifies the blood and can stop future breakouts of acne. You can as well take a peeled clove of garlic and rub on affected areas severally a day. You can also crush the garlic, mix it with water and apply on your face.
This contains silica which helps to dry out and reduce the size of pimples quickly. Simply add some to the affected areas before you sleep at night and wash it off in the morning.
5) Baking soda: It contains antiseptic properties which help destroy bacteria in the affected area. It also has restorative function as it stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
- Mix equal portions of baking soda and water to form a thick paste.
- Apply on skin for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
I hope you find this helpful.