Ogbono soup is one of the soups of the Nigerian people that do not actually belong to any specific ethnic group. It is delicious and easy to make. Mostly referred as ‘draw’ soup, it is made using grounded ogbonno seeds.
It is important that you melt the grounded ogbonno before using it to cook. While some may opt to put in a pan of hot oil and allow for about a minute, you can as well, use a stainless plate, turn the ogbonno inside and add your palm oil and place it inside the pot of boiling water for it to melt down.
Below is how to prepare this delicious soup.
Ingredients for cooking Ogbono Soup
- 1 cup of grounded ogbonno
- Fish (you can use fresh, dried or stock fish)
- Palm oil
- Grounded crayfish
- Locust bean (if using the dried one, you can pound it using the mortar and pestle) (optional)
- 2 Knorr cubes
- Ugu leaves (you can also use bitter leaves)
Procedure for cooking Ogbono soup
- Wash and steam your meat using sliced onions, salt and seasoning cubes.
- When the meat is soft, add the amount of water you will need to prepare the soup.
- Wash your fish and add.
- Put your pepper and crayfish and allow to boil
- Next, add your melted ogbonno and allow to cook for about 10 minutes. Do not close the pot.
- Put the locust beans and salt.
- Lastly, add your ugwu leaves and allow to boil for about 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
Serve and enjoy with eba, fufu, pounded yam or any other preferred swallow.
I hope you find this helpful
How To6 months ago
How To Register A Cooperate Society
Find It4 months ago
Corona virus: Everything you need to know
Find It8 months ago
Biography of Big Brother Naija Housemate Tacha
How To2 weeks ago
How to register for your National Identity Card
Find It3 weeks ago
Biography of Ibrahim Agboola Gambari
Find It1 month ago
Biography of Picture Kodak
Find It4 weeks ago
Biography of Nyesom Wike, Career and Personal life
Find It1 month ago
Biography of Sadiya Umar Farouk