Biography of Chidinma, Age and Net Worth
Age/Date of Birth
29years (2020) 2nd May, 1991
State of Origin
Chidinma Ekile popularly known as Chidinma is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and actress. She was born on May 2, 1991 in Ketu, Kosofe, Lagos state. She hails from Imo state. She is the sixth out of seven children.
Chidinma attended primary and secondary school in Ketu before relocating to Ikorodu with her family. She went on to obtain a bachelor’s degree in Sociology from the university of Lagos although she wanted to study Mass Communication.
Chidinma seems to have loved music from a very tender age. She began singing at the age of six and at ten she joined her church’s choir. In 2010, she decided to compete in the 3rd season of Project Fame West Africa and won. This brought her to stardom. After this competition, she decided to pursue a career in music. She has since then released some songs which include:
- I Am A Winner (with MTN Project Fame All-Stars) – 2011
- Jankoliko (featuring Sound Sultan) in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Carry You Go in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Kedike in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Run Dia Mouth in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Emi Ni Baller (featuring Tha Suspect and iLLBliss) – 2012
- Kite – 2013
- Emi Ni Baller – Remix (featuring WizKid) – 2013
- Bless My Hustle (featuring Phyno) – 2013
- Jolly – 2013
- Oh Baby – 2013
- Sweet Like Shuga (with Flavour, KCee, Sound Sultan, and Professor) – 2013
- CAPITAL Krismas (with Tha Suspect, iLLBliss, Tesh Carter, and Clarence Peters) – 2013
- Oh Baby – You & I (featuring Flavour) – 2014
- Kuli Kache – 2014
- Martha – 2014
Following the release of the music video for her Emi In Baller single, she became the first female musician to peak at numberr 1 at the MTV Base Official Naija Top 10 Chart.
As an actress, she was starred in a 2017 movie, The Bridge directed by Kunle Afolayan.
Over the years, Chidinma has been nominated for a good number of awards which includes:
- Best Vocal Performance (Female) nominee at The Headies – 2012
- Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) nominated her for Best Afro Pop – 2012
- Best Indigenous Concept nominee at the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) – 2012
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Best New Act of the Year – 2012
- Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year Nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2012
- At the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA), I Am Sorry was nominated as the Best Afro Hip Hop Video – 2013.
- Channel O Music Video Awards nominated Emi Ni Baller as the Most Gifted African West – 2013
- Nominated for Best Collabo at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2013
- City People Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Musician of the Year (Female) – 2013
- Best Collabo of the Year nominee at the City People Entertainment Awards – 2014
- City People Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Musician of the Year (Female) – 2014
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her for Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year – 2014
- Female Artist of the Year nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Best Music Video of the Year (Artist & Director) nominee at Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Nominated Oh! Baby – You & I (featuring Flavour N’abania) for Best Collaboration at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Nominee at African Muzik Magazine Awards for the Best Female West Africa – 2014
- MTV Africa Music Awards nominated her as the Best Female – 2014
And she has won
- Best Female West African Act by Kora Awards in 2012
- Best Pop Extra Video by Nigeria Music Video Awards in 2013.
Chidinma is still single. However, rumours abound that she is in a relationship with Nigeria popular musician, Flavour.
Chidinma Net worth
Chidinma is estimated to worth about $2.8 million