Ewedu soup is one of the traditional soups eaten by the Yoruba people of Nigeria. However, other ethnic groups are also embracing this cuisine. Cooking ewedu soup is very simple but yet delicious delicacy. It is served with stew and eaten with any swallow of your choice but preferably Amala. It is not only delicious but highly nutritious as it provides the body with several health benefits.
Here you’ll see a very simple step on how to make ewedu soup.
Ingredients for cooking Ewedu Soup
- Ewedu leaves
- 1 Stock cube
- Locust bean (optional)
Procedure for Cooking Ewedu Soup
- Boil the leaves until tender.
- Blend the leaves with a blender. You can as well use the native broom made specially for it to beat it then pour it inside a pot.
- Add the locust bean, crayfish, salt and stock cube and stir to combine.
- Leave to cook for 3 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally until the ewedu becomes smooth and sticky.
- Serve alongside stew with the swallow of your choice and enjoy.