Virgil Abloh Biography, Age, Career and Net Worth

Virgil Abloh Biography

Virgil Abloh was an American fashion designer, Disc Jockey and entrepreneur. He was the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Off White, a Milan-based fashion label. Virgil Abloh was born on September 30, 1980 in Rockford, Illinois, U.S.

Virgil Abloh Profile


Virgil Abloh

Real Name

Virgil Abloh

Date of Birth

September 30, 1980


41 years (2021)


Fashion Designer

Known for

Off White Founder

State of Origin



United States






Shannon Sundberg-Abloh

Net Worth

$14 Million


November 28, 2021

Cause of Death


Educational Background

Virgil Abloh Education

Virgil Abloh graduated from Boylan Catholic High School in 1998. He obtained a degree in civil engineering from University of Wisconsin–Madison in 2002 and a Master of Architecture at the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) in 2006.

Read Also: Jared Leto Biography, Age, Career, Movies and Net Worth


Off White founder Virgil Abloh Career

Virgil Abloh picked interest in fashion designing as a child. He learnt how to sew from his mother who was a seamstress. While studying architecture, Virgil Boykin designed T-shirts and wrote on fashion and design for a well-known blog, The Brilliance.

In 2009, Virgil Abloh interned alongside Kanye West at popular fashion brand Fendi.Virgil Abloh caught the attention of Louis Vuitton CEO, Michael Burke while working with Kanye West.

Read Also: Thomas Wells Biography, Age, Career, Net Worth and Death

Abloh’s artistic partner Don C, launched a retail store, called the RSVP Gallery, located in Chicago. The store became known for carrying a mixture of fashion apparel, and for its reflection of Abloh’s style on his design for the store interior.

In 2011, Kanye West appointed Virgil Abloh as the creative director of his creative agency, Donda. He also served as the artistic director for Jay-Z/West album Watch the Throne.

In 2012, Virgil Abloh launched his first fashion company Pyrex Vision. He purchased deadstock clothing from Ralph Lauren for $40, screen-printed designs on them and sold them for prices upward of $550.

In 2013, Virgil Abloh launched his first fashion brand Off White in Milan, Italy. The brand lead generated widespread attention for his apparel beginning in Paris, then expanding to China, Tokyo, Japan, and the United States.

Virgil Abloh redesigned a variety of the company’s best-selling shoes including Nike’s The Ten in 2017.

Read Also: Magdalena Andersson Biography, Age, Education, Career and Net Worth

By 2018, Off White was ranked as the hottest label in the world, surpassing Gucci. He partnered with IKEA, a Swedish company to design furniture and tote bags. It was named Markerad, which is a Swedish word meaning “clear-cut; crisp; pronounced”, and was released in 2019.

Virgil Abloh worked with conceptual artist Jenny Holzer to create a line emphasizing the positive aspects of immigration, cultural integration, and globalization.

In 2018, Virgil Abloh was appointed the artistic director of Louis Vuitton’s menswear ready wear line, making him the first person of African descent to lead the brand’s menswear line.

He was appointed to the board of directors of The Council of Fashion Designers of America in 2019.

Read Also: Who is Antwain, Age, Career, Net Worth and Death

In July 2021, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton announced it would be taking a 60% stake in Off-White, with founder Abloh, then the creative director of menswear for Louis Vuitton, retaining the remaining 40%.

Virgil Abloh Instagram

Virgil Abloh Instagram handle is @virgilabloh

Personal Life

Virgil Abloh Wife

Virgil Abloh got married to Shannon Sundberg-Abloh in 2009. Their union is blessed with 2 children. Virgil Abloh’s parents were of Ghanaian descent. His father managed a paint company while his mother was a seamstress.

Virgil Abloh Net Worth

Virgil Abloh Net Worth

Virgil Abloh is estimated to worth $14 million.


Virgil Abloh Death

Virgil Abloh was diagnosed with cardiac angiosarcoma, though he chose to keep the diagnosis private. He died of cancer in November 28, 2021. He was 41 years old.


Leave a Reply

You cannot copy content of this page

error: Content is protected !!