Nigerian Navy is one of the largest Navy in Africa. It is a branch of the Nigerian Armed forces with thousands of personnel including Coast Guards. Nigerian Navy recruits qualified personnel through the Nigerian Navy tradesmen/tradeswomen recruitment 2020.
In this article we will address the functions of the Nigerian Navy, the requirements for the Nigerian Navy recruitment 2020 and How to Apply For the Nigerian Navy Recruitment online.
Functions of the Nigerian Navy
The Nigerian Navy is charged with defending Nigeria by sea among other functions which include
- Coast guard duties which includes enforcing and assisting in coordinating the enforcement of all customs, immigration, bunkering, fishery protection and pollution laws
- Enforce all national and international maritime laws
- making of charts and coordinating national hydrographic surveys
- Nigerian Navy promote, coordinate and enforce safety regulations in the territorial waters and the EEZ of Nigeria.
- Work in collaboration with other sister agencies to contribute to the protection of law and order especially during the Nigerian Civil War.
Requirements for the Nigerian Navy recruitment 2020
To apply for the Nigerian Navy recruitment 2020, you must
- be 18-22 years old for ND, NCE and Nurses and 18-26 years old for Motor Transport Department (MTD)
- Position is available for O’level and OND holders
- First School Leaving Certificate
- Must be physically and mentally sound
- Must be a Nigerian citizen
- All male applicants must be upto 1.68meters tall while the female applicants must be 1.65 meters tall
- All applicants must be single
- All certificate must be presented in their original form
- Gone for orthopedic surgery
- been convicted in the court of law
- If you are pregnant
How to apply for the 2020 Navy Recruitment
- Log on to the Nigerian Navy website Here
- Read the informations carefully
- Create an account using a valid email address
- Verify your email address
- Log in to access the 2020 Nigerian Navy recruitment form
- Fill the form and upload scanned copies of your documents
- Submit your form
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form
- Local Government Attestation Form
- Police Certification Form
- Guarantor Form.