Are you in a situation whereby you need to place a call to someone and only to find out that you are out of airtime and there’s no means of recharging at that moment?
Well, you got no reason to worry as you can just borrow airtime from your network and then pay for it whenever you recharge. However, it is important to note that before you can be allowed to borrow, you must have met certain requirements as not everyone is eligible to borrow. There is also a charge applied for this service usually 10% of what is borrowed. You can borrow from as low as 50Naira.
Below is how to borrow airtime on the different networks mainly MTN, Glo, Airtel and Etisalat/9mobile.
How to borrow airtime on MTN
- Dial *606# and follow uo the menu that is displayed to request for the airtime you want to borrow.
- Any amount can be displayed ranging from N50 which is the lowest you can borrow.
- This can only happen if you’re eligible as already noted. If you’re not, you’ll be notified.
How to borrow airtime on Glo
- First you have to create a 4 digits pin (this will be used subsequently). To do this, dial *321# then create a 4 digit pin of your choice, let’s say, 1234.
- Then to borrow, dial *321*pin*amount you want to borrow#. For example, *321*1234*100#
How to borrow airtime on Airtel
- Simply dial *500*amount you want to borrow#. For example *500*200#.
How to borrow airtime on Etisalat/9mobile
- Simply dial *665*amount#. For example, *665*300#
I hope you find this tip helpful.