Mercy Aigbe is a Nigerian actress, director, producer and entrepreneur. She was born on 1st January 1978 to Pa Aigbe and Mrs. Abisola Grace Owodunni as the second child out of three children in Edo state, her home state. She is popularly known for her Yorubr indigenous movies.
For her secondary education, she attended Maryland Comprehensive Secondary School, Ikeja, Lagos. She went on to attend Ibadan Polytechnic, Oyo state, where she obtained an Ordinary National Diploma in Financial Studies. Later she obtained a bachelor’s degree in Theatre Arts from the University of Lagos.
Mercy Aigbe joined the movie industry in 2006 and since then she has both acted and produced some Nigerian movies which includes:
Read also: Biography of Chioma Chukwuka Akpotha
Afefe Ife (2008), Okanjua (2008), Atunida Leyi (2009), Igberaga (2009), Ihamo (2009), Ìpèsè (2009), Iró funfun (2009), Mafisere (2009), Oju ife (2009), Omoge Osas (2012), Ile Oko Mii (2014), Victims (2015), The Screenplay (2017), Little Drops of Happy (2017), 200 Million (2018), Second Acts (2018), Lagos real fake life (2018).
In 2016, she founded the Mercy Aigbe Gentry School of Drama where upcoming actors and actresses can be trained.
As an entrepreneur, she is into some businesses. In November 2014, she launched Mag Divas Boutique in Lagos, and went on to open another outlet in Ibadan. She also has a skincare line called Flawless by Mercy and an aseobi store called Aseobi Mercy.
Mercy Aigbe Awards
Over the years, Mercy Aigbe has been nominated and has won several awards which include:
- Best Actress in Yoruba award at the City People Awards held in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
- Best Indigenous Language (Yoruba) (2014)
- Best Actress in a supporting Role (Yoruba) (2010)
- Best Actress in an Indigenous Movie Nomination (non-English speaking language) (2012)
- City People Entertainment Yoruba Movie Personality of the year (2015)
- Fashion Entrepreneur of The Year Awarded by Links and Glitz World Awards (2015)
- Role Model Awards at the All Youths Tush Awards – 2017
- Nominated for Best Supporting Actress by Greenview Awards – 2018
- Nominee for Most Searched Actress at the NET Honours – 2018
- Most Popular Actress nominee at the NET Honours – 2018
- Nominated for the Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Yoruba) at the Best of Nollywood Awards (BON) – 2018
- Most Popular Actress at the NET Honours – 2019
Mercy Aigbe got married to her husband Lanre Gentry in 2013 and they both had two children. However, due to alleged physical abuse from the husband, she separated from him and began a campaign against domestic violence.
Mercy Aigbe Net Worth
Mercy Aigbe is estimated to worth about $600,000.